Bringing cheer to travel enthusiasts in India, the government has decided to reward people visiting 15 tourist spots in a year by funding their expenses. Union Tourism Minister Prahlad Singh Patel said the move should not be construed as a monetary benefit, but as an incentive.
“The tourism ministry will fund the travel expenses of tourists who visit 15 destinations in the country in a year and submit the photos on our website,” he said on Friday evening at the concluding ceremony of the two-day National Tourism Conference in Odisha’s Konark.
Tourists, however, have to travel outside their home states to be eligible for contention.
Union Tourism Minister Prahlad Singh Patel said the move to reward Travellers visitng travel destinations within India should not be construed as a monetary benefit, but as an incentive to Tourists, who travel outside their home states to be eligible for contention.
The minister also said the Sun Temple at Konark would be included in the list of ‘iconic sites’. Additional Director General of Tourism, said the ministry has been organising certificate programmes for candidates intending to work as tourist guides.
Top 15 All Time Travel Destination in India
Travel Destination in North India
1. Golden Triangle Delhi-Agra-Jaipur: Delhi Agra & Jaipur are three most popular historical places in India, Visted by thousand of tourist every year. These beautiful cities are famous for its monuments like Taj Mahal, Agra Fort, Red Fort, Qutub Minar and Humayun’s Tomb in Delhi.
2. Kullu Manali: Kullu Manali are two most picturesque towns of Himachal Pradesh and India’s one of the most popular honeymoon destination. The Kullu Manali circuit also attracts adventure travellers for snow activities,natural scenery and mountain sports.
3. Leh & Laddakh: Leh and Ladakh are home to spectcular mountains,barren valleys and mountain pass, Adventure tourism in Ladakh includes fishing,highest motorable road,wildlife and trekking. High altitude mountain passes of Ladakh,Nubra Valley and Highland Kargil Mountains are must visit place in Ladakh.
4. Gulmarg – Pahalgam: Leh and Ladakh are home to spectcular mountains,barren valleys and mountain pass, Adventure tourism in Ladakh includes fishing,highest motorable road,wildlife and trekking. High altitude mountain passes of Ladakh,Nubra Valley and Highland Kargil Mountains are must visit place in Ladakh.
5. Darjeeling – Kalimpong: Darjeeling and Kalimpong offers a beautiful experience of hill station in West Bengal with the spectacular views of Kangchenjunga, Darjeeling Himalayan Railway and tea gardens. Darjeeling with its neighboring town of Kalimpong has many tourist attractions.
6. Kausani – Nainital: There are only few places in the great Himalayas that can compare with the beauty of Kausani, offering excellent view of the Himalayas. Nainital and Kausani are picturesque hill station famous for its scenic splendor, a prominent tourist spot and Lake district of India.
7. Udaipur – Jodhpur: Udaipur has a romance, artificial lakes and known for its lavish palaces,monuments and Jodhpur is a magnificent spectacle and an architectural masterpiece. The city of lakes is ranked as the most romantic destinations in India and everyone gets mesmerized by such a lovely atmosphere.
Travel Destination in South India
8. Goa: Goa is the tourist paradise located on the western coast of India in Konkan belt and the favourite destination for Indian and foreign tourists. The state of Goa is famous for exotic beaches,museums,cuisine,carnival,music festival,beach party,night life
9. Lonavala – Khandala: The twin hill stations of Lonavla and Khandala in the Western Ghats of Maharashtra are beautiful, charming and offers a panoramic view of Bhor Ghat. Lonavala-Khandala are the most fascinating places in India and also home to great forts of Mahrashtra and monsoon waterfalls.
10. Ajanta – Ellora: Ajanta Ellora Caves in Aurangabad district of the Marathwada region is the major tourist attraction of Maharashtra state. The caves are well known for its monuments of rock-cut Buddhist cave monuments, Hindu rock-cut temples and Jain caves.
11. Panchgani – Mahabaleshwar: Panchgani and Mahabaleshwar are twin monsoon destinations nestled at middle of five hills in the Sahyadri mountain ranges. Mahabaleshwar attracts many tourists throughout the year and one of the few evergreen forests of India.
12. Mysore – Coorg: Mysore Coorg are rich in natural resources in the Western Ghats range, known for its coffee and its people. The Kingdom of Mysore is one of South India’s most famous tourist destinations and is the cleanest city of India.
13. Ooty – Kodaikanal: Ooty and Kodaikanal are the most astonishing tourist destination in India,located in the Western Ghats zone. Kodaikanal and Ooty are one of the most popular and charming hill station of South India.
14. Munnar – Munnar: Munnar hills tea gardens and Alleppey houseboat cruise along the Kerala backwaters are best tourist destinations in India. Backwaters,hills, beaches and wildlife of Kerala makes it must visit place in South India.
15. Andaman – Nicobar Island: Havelock Island is the most beautiful island in Indian Ocean, India, known for its clean white sand beaches such as Kala Patthar Beach,Radha Nagar Beach, water sports activities like Sea Walk,Scuba Diving and Snorkeling. The Island is one of the most popular place for Scuba Diving in India as well as among the best honeymoon destination. Havelock Island is the most beautiful island of India, known for its clean white sand beaches such as Kala Patthar Beach,Radha Nagar Beach,Elephanta Beach and water sports activities like Sea walk,Scuba Diving and Snorkeling. The Island is one of the most popular place for Scuba Diving in India as well as among the best honeymoon destination.