Google News and Journalism
About CourseThe news industry continues to face tough challenges as the way people find and access information changes. At the same time, we’re seeing promising results from publishers who are developing new business models and ways of working to support high quality journalism in the digital age. Our Google News Initiative is designed to support this innovation and help journalism thrive.
The Google News Initiative is a journalism-focused program that will help journalists to work with the news industry to help journalism thrive in the digital age.
It will also introduce an open-source tool called Outline, which will make it easier for news organizations to set up secure access to the internet for their journalists.
What Will I Learn?
- Elevating and strengthening quality journalism
- Enabling new business models to support quality journalism
- Empowering news organizations to leverage technology for innovation in the newsrooms.
- Online verification and fact-checking
- Journalist digital safety and security
- Data visualization for elections.