Amazon has built a reputation for excellence with recent examples of being named #1 in customer service, #1 most trusted, and #2 most innovative. Amazon has a fast-paced environment where we “Work Hard, Have Fun, Make History.”
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is carrying on that tradition while leading the world in Cloud technologies. As a member of the AWS Professional Services team, you will be at the forefront of this transformational technology assisting a global list of companies that are taking advantage of a growing set of services and features to run their mission-critical applications.
Database Migration Global Delivery (DMGD) team enables and supports global enterprises in their journey from on-premise database to AWS. You will collaborate with our customers and partners on key engagements and will develop and deliver proof-of-concept projects, technical workshops, feature comparisons, and execute migration projects. You will be based in Hyderabad and might have to travel globally to ensure customer success.
- Employ customer facing skills to represent AWS well within the customer’s environment and drive discussions with senior personnel regarding trade-offs, standard methodologies, project management and risk mitigation
- Work directly with customers’ technical and business teams to devise and recommend solutions based on the understood requirements • As a leader of the team/project, ensure success in designing, building and migrating applications, databases, and services on the AWS platform
- Help design and implement AWS RDS, Aurora and/or Redshift architectures and configurations for customer
- Think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges in an enterprise environment
- Analyze on premise transactional database environments such as Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL and/or Postgres, evaluate and plan migrations to AWS RDS, Aurora
- Participate in architectural discussions and design exercises to create large scale solutions built on AWS and also be part of the development lifecycle.
- Identity workarounds for specific issues and corner scenarios observed during migration • Automate solutions for repeatable problems
- Develop test plan to demonstrate application/database readiness post migration
- Consult for optimal design of database environments, analyzing complex distributed production deployments, and making recommendations to optimize performance
- Develop innovative solutions to complex business and technology problems
- Educate customers on the value proposition of AWS and AWS services
- Conduct technical sessions for internal teams, partners and customers
- Travel to customer locations when required to sell and deliver professional services. Basic Qualifications
- 15 + years of experience in a technical position working for enterprise customers
- 10+ years of experience in database development/migration using PL/pgSQL
- 5 + years mentoring and leading a team • 5+ years hands-on experience on PostgreSQL
- Experience with databases of 1-10TB in size across multiple database platforms (e.g. PostgreSQL, Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL, MariaDB, etc.)
- Proven expertise on architecture patterns and continuous improvement
- Experience with heterogenous database migrations from one database engine to another
- Experience in performance optimization techniques • Bachelor’s degree in Computer science or equivalent
- AWS Solutions Architect Certified • High end Troubleshooting and Communication skills Preferred Qualifications
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations.
- Customer facing skills to represent AWS well within the customer’s environment and drive discussions with senior personnel regarding trade-offs, best practices, project management and risk mitigation
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges
- Proven experience with software development life cycle (SDLC) and agile/iterative methodologies required
- Integration of AWS cloud services with on-premise technologies from Microsoft, IBM, Oracle, HP, SAP etc.
- Scripting language (bash, Perl, python) • Experience in Database Administration – backup/restore, replication, etc.
- Experience in ETL workflow management • Experience in non-relational databases – DynamoDB, Mongo, etc.
- Experience in MPP data warehouse solutions – Redshift, Greenplum, etc. Company – AWS ProServe IN – Telangana Job ID: A725833
Company – AWS ProServe IN – Telangana
Job ID: A725833
- Computer Software
- Information Technology & Services
- Information Technology